MD, FACS, FRCS Distinguished Professor in Transplantation
Dr. Kiran Musunuru MD, PH.D, MPH, ML
Director, Genetic & Epigenetic Origins of Disease Program
Scientific Director, Center for Inherited Cardiovascular Disease
Erica Schindewolf MS, LCGC
Genetic Counselor Discipline Director at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Dr. Pramod Mistry MBBS, PhD, MA, MD
Director, National Gaucher Disease Treatment Center & Professor of Pediatrics & Medicine at Yale School of Medicine
Abie Rotenberg & Baruch Levine
Some of our topics:
- A Supportive Physiologic Environment for the Extreme Premature Infant – Improving Life Outside the Womb!
- From the Seven Chamber Uterus to Ectogenesis: Human Gestation in Rabbinic Literature Past, Present and Future
- Prognosis of Xenoheart for Transplantation
- AI-guided neurostimulation for memory loss
- Therapeutic gene editing for cardiovascular and metabolic diseases
- Of Monarchs, Minyanim and Mitochondrial DNA: Medical Halakha and the British Kingdom (an homage to Queen Elizabeth and King Charles)
- Ma'aseh Beraishis: Evolution, Science and the Age of the Universe through the Eyes of Chazal
- "Burnt Out or Fired Up" - Dealing with Physician and Rabbinical Burnout
- Reversal of Roe v Wade: A Halachic Apolitical Analysis of Abortion
- Options vs. Options: The collision of medicine, halacha, and mental health with TFMR decisions
- "There is no health without mental health" - The role of mental health care in improving patient compliance
Thank you for your help! …and I am counting down the days to the next CHEMED conference. It cannot come soon enough!Rivka Hellman
It was an outstanding conference in all possible aspects. My wife and I enjoyed the participants, the lectures and the גשמיות very much. You and your staff did an excellent job while being so calm and forthcoming. I agree that the JMN is a great idea and hope it will be successful.Rabbi Professor Avraham Steinberg
We always have enjoyed the conference but this year was even more special. Looking forward to next year already.Rabbi Dr. Aaron Glatt
The conference was really great, the best I ever attended. It was not only informative but inspirational as well. Thanks for a job well done.Dr. Harvey Rice
Rabbi David Shabtai, MD
This weekend was amazing. I can imagine that HDBH was looking down and smiling at his children coming together in such a beautiful way. Building off what Rabbi Prof. Steinberg mentioned as one of the lessons of COVID, this just reminds us that we can all work together when we are committed to do so. Thank you for allowing me to be part of such an opportunity to create nachas ruach for HKBH.
The students that I brought were so thoroughly inspired. We brought them so that they could attend the sessions, learn some topics, spend time together, and be treated well (we are recruiting them for our national board). We didn't really plan on a kiruv component. And yet, each and every one of them came out of this with such a positive attitude toward yidishkeit -- so many people started conversations with them, they have multiple Shabbos invitations, and were just overtaken by how wonderful our community really is. I certainly didn't plan for this and I don't believe anybody who interacted with them intended this either. It's just frum Jews being frum Jews and I'm proud to be counted among them.
With tremendous gratitude and bracha for continued hatzlachah!
What a fantastic inspiring, educational, socially engaging weekend!!!!Elizabeth Konicky